Last Updated: 2012-06-28
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
Guard1 Plus supports three types of buttons: Officer, Location and Incident. Location buttons are always added because they will identify the places that you visit on your security rounds or tours. Officer and Incident buttons are optional.
If you use Officer buttons, you will be able to see which officer visited each location. If you use Incident buttons, you will be able to record an observation or event at this location. Typical Incident buttons would be: Door Unsecured, Maintenance Required or Room Vacant.
If your version of Guard1 Plus is 5.x, follow these instructions to add new buttons.
To add a Location, Officer or Incident button:
- Read each button with the PIPE. Keep track of the order you read them in.
- Carefully record the description of each button you read, in the correct order.
- Place the PIPE in the Downloader. It should download automatically.
- The Assign Names Wizard will start automatically.
- Follow the instructions on your screen. The buttons are listed in the order they were read. For each button, the wizard will ask you to specify the button’s type (Officer, Location or Incident) and a description.
- To learn how to add these locations to a tour, click here.