How to Configure Numeric Keypads
Last Updated: 2015-09-11
- Guard1 Plus version 5.x
- Guard1 Plus SE version 5.x
For Guard1 Plus standalone software, you can purchase an optional module for creating numeric keypads. Guard1 Plus Server Edition software includes this additional module for numeric keypads. You can use a numeric keypad to enter Officer, Location and Incident button data. Each button type (Officer, Location and Incident) will have a unique number of digits. By default, Officers have two digits, Incidents have three digits and Locations have four digits. For example, to record a location button #1234 , you would read buttons "1", "2", "3" and "4" and then touch the enter button. Upon downloading this PIPE, there would be a button reading for a location named - Location #1234. If you prefer a more descriptive name, you may rename this button.
With the absence of an LED display on the keypad, it is relatively easy to make an error when reading the buttons so we encourage you to use the numeric keypad in a limited capacity.
- From the Keypads Menu, select Configure Keypads.
- Choose the number of digits and the leading description for each button type: Location, Incident and Officer.
- Click Next.
- Follow the three steps described in the message window and after you download the PIPE and hear the beep, click Next.
- A new window will open displaying all of the downloads with unassigned buttons. Select and highlight the download for this new numeric keypad.
- Enter a name for this keypad and click Next.
- Choose to configure another keypad or click Finish to close this window.
To edit the number of digits for all keypads: