How to Perform Data Maintenance Tasks
in Guard1 Plus version 5
Last Updated: 2015-10-28
- Guard1 Plus version 5.x
The Data Maintenance Application allows you to back up, restore and archive your Guard1 Plus database. A Backup of your database is a copy of your Master database. Archiving removes old data from the Master database and places this removed data in a separate, viewable Archive database. Restoring a database allows you to overwrite the Master database with a Backup file.
By default, you will be reminded to back up your database every 30 days, and to archive the database every 180 days. You can modify these default settings through the Data Maintenance application. You can also refresh the reports and database procedures.
. If you have Guard1 Plus SE, you will need to use SQL Management Studio to create the backup file and to restore the SQL database backup file.
- Start Guard1 Plus.
- Open the File menu and click Data Maintenance.
- At the bottom of the Data Maintenance window, click Create Archive.
- In the Create Archive window, enter the Archive Date and leave the checkmark to keep the archive database online.
- Click OK to begin archiving.
- After the restore is finished, you should see this message: Database Archived successfully.
- The Archive file is stored in this folder:C:\ProgramData\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus\Data Maintenance\Archives .
- You should copy this new Archive file to a network folder, CD-RW, or flash drive for safe storage in the event of a hard drive failure. This Archive file contains your older download data.
- To close this window, click X in the upper right hand corner.