Open topic with navigation
Manually Reducing Database Size
Last Updated: 2010-02-15
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.6x, 2.7x, 2.8x
In some circumstances it may be necessary to manually reduce the size of the Guard1 Plus database to overcome file size-related errors.
Note that this procedure should not be necessary if regular Archives are performed. See Guard1 Plus Data Maintenance for information on how to prevent database problems.
CAUTION: This procedure will permanently DELETE patrol data. Back up your database before proceeding. If you are unable to Back up your database, please contact Technical Support.
- Close Guard1 Plus.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus (or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus if Windows Vista or 7).
- Right-click the file G1Master.g1p and select Copy. NOTE: depending on your Windows "View" settings, you may not see the ".g1p" extension. Choose the G1Master file with the large blue "1" icon.
- Paste the file in a network folder, flash drive or other safe location.
- Rename the copied file to "Archive of G1Master, <TODAY'S DATE> and Prior.g1p". This file contains all your old Downloads and will be your Archive file.
- Open Guard1 Plus.
- Click the Downloads menu, then select View all downloads. A list of all downloads in the master database will appear in the right window pane.
- Scroll down the list until you see the first listing for the month two months prior to the current month. This is the last download that was performed in that month. Left-click it to highlight it.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list.
- Hold the Shift key on your keyboard and left-click the last item on the list. This will highlight all the downloads from two months ago and back. NOTE: if you have a lot of Downloads, it may take several minutes for the selection process to complete.
- Click the Delete icon at the top left of the list tab, or press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion. This will delete all the old downloads, leaving only those from the last two months. NOTE: if you have a lot of Downloads, it may take several minutes for the deletion process to complete.
- Close Guard1 Plus, then reopen it.
- Click Help > Data Maintenance Wizard.
- Choose Verify data integrity.
- Click Next.
- Click Next to begin the process. This will compact and reindex your database.
- Click Finish when the process is complete.
- Close and reopen Guard1 Plus.
- You can check the new size of your database by going to C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus (or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus if Windows Vista or 7) and checking the size of G1Master.g1p. It should now be significantly smaller than it was before this procedure.
Copyright © 2013-2016 TimeKeeping Systems, Inc.
Open topic with navigation