Published: December 14, 2004
Last Updated: 2009-12-04
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 3.x
- Rounds Tracker versions: 3.x
When opening Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
- -102: Network: Network driver appears to not be serving this directory
- There is a problem with the Guard1 Plus licensing files.
- The Windows User Account does not have sufficient permissions.
Log in to the workstation as a Local Administrator and open Guard1 Plus. If the error does not recur when logged in as Local Administrator, you can resolve the issue by assigning the following minimum required permissions to all User Accounts that will use Guard1 Plus and/or Rounds Tracker:
- "Modify" permissions to the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus) and all sub-folders
- "Full" permissions to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. and all sub-keys
If the error recurs when logged in as Local Administrator, perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of Guard1 Plus.
- Note: this applies to Rounds Tracker if it is installed on the same PC as Guard1 Plus. If the error occurs with Rounds Tracker and it is installed on a separate PC, perform a clean Uninstall of Rounds Tracker 3.x.