Published: July 30, 2008
Last Updated: 2009-12-10
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 3.x
When opening Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
- -105: Cryp95x.dll or Crp9516x.dll not found
- The Windows User account does not have sufficient permissions
- The file(s) named in the error are not present on the system
Verify that all Windows User Accounts that will be using Guard1 Plus have sufficient permissions:
- Version 2.x:
- "Modify" permissions to the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus) and all sub-folders
- "Full" permissions to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. and all sub-keys
- Version 3.x:
- In addition to the permissions above, Users must also have Local Power User or Local Administrator permissions. This is a limitation of the Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine, which requires elevated permissions to function.
If you have verified the User permissions and the error recurs, perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of Guard1 Plus.