Published: May 24, 2005
Last Updated: 2009-12-04
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 3.x
When opening Guard1 Plus or Rounds Tracker you receive the following error:
- -24: Initialization: Driver Failed or Busy
- Your Windows User Account does not have sufficient permissions to run Guard1 Plus.
- You installed Guard1 Plus version 2.7x by clicking the Guard1Plus.msi file on the CD instead of Setup.exe.
Log in to Windows as Local Administrator and launch the product again. If the error does not recur, assign the following minimum required permissions to all User Accounts that will be using Guard1 Plus and/or Rounds Tracker:
- "Modify" permissions to the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus) and all sub-folders
- "Full" permissions to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. and all sub-keys
If the error recurs when logged in as Local Administrator, uninstall/reinstall Guard1 Plus.
- NOTE: For version 2.7x, make sure you double-click Setup.exe to launch the installer. Do NOT use Guard1 Plus.msi!