Published: February 20, 2003
Last Updated: 2009-12-04
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 3.x
During installation of Guard1 Plus or Rounds Tracker you receive the following error:
- -4: Initialization, Could not create Key file
- There is not enough disk space to create the necessary installation files.
- The target directory or disk is write protected.
- You do not have full permission to the target directory.
Verify you are logged in to Windows as a Local Administrator, and that you have "Full" permissions to the target directory where the product is being installed (the default is C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus for Windows 2000 and XP or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus for Windows Vista.)
Verify that the target directory and drive is not write protected. Installation files must be written to and read from the hard drive.
Make sure there is sufficient disk space available.
- Guard1 Plus 2.0x: minimum 60 MB
- Guard1 Plus 2.5x and newer: minimum 1.5 GB
- Rounds Tracker 3.x: minimum 1.5GB