Published: October 5, 2005
Last Updated: 2009-12-04
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 3.x
When opening Guard1 Plus
When entering the Guard1 Plus activation number
You receive the following error:
- -7: Auth SiteKey CRC
- Symantec Endpoint Protection: this product randomly blocks some of the Guard1 Plus licensing files.
- Generic activation failure.
- Guard1 Plus was installed from a remote network location.
- Insufficient permissions for Windows User Account.
- Another application on the system is conflicting with Guard1 Plus.
- If Symantec Endpoint Protection is installed on the PC, and you are using Guard1 Plus version 2.x, contact Technical Support to request an upgrade to Guard1 Plus version 2.8 which is not affected by this issue. NOTE: You must have a current Technical Support Subscription for upgrade eligibility. If you are using Guard1 Plus 3.x it is recommended that you either uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and use a different antivirus product or move Guard1 Plus 3.x to a PC where Symantec Endpoint Protection is not installed.
- Log in to Windows as a Local Administrator and open Guard1 Plus. If the error does not recur, assign the following minimum required permissions to all User Accounts that will be using Guard1 Plus:
- "Modify" permissions to the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus) and all sub-folders
- "Full" permissions to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. and all sub-keys
- If the error recurs when logged in as Local Administrator, perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of Guard1 Plus.
- Note: this applies to Rounds Tracker if it is installed on the same PC as Guard1 Plus. If the error occurs with Rounds Tracker and it is installed on a separate PC, perform a clean Uninstall of Rounds Tracker 3.x.
- If the error persists after performing the clean uninstall, contact Technical Support.