Automation error: the specified module could not be found. There was an error loading application modules
Published: November 27, 2006
Last Updated: 2009-12-16
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 3.x
When opening Guard1 Plus you receive one of the following errors:
- -2147024770: Automation error
- Automation error: the specified module could not be found. There was an error loading application modules
After clicking OK, Guard1 Plus opens but no tabs are visible and no functions are available.
- Insufficient Windows User Account permissions
- There is a problem with the Guard1 Plus installation
Log in to Windows as a Local Administrator, then open Guard1 Plus. If the error does not recur, assign the following minimum permissions to all User Accounts that will be using Guard1 Plus:
- "Modify" permissions to the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus) and all sub-folders
- "Full" permissions to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. and all sub-keys
If the error recurs when logged in as Local Administrator, uninstall/reinstall Guard1 Plus.