3051: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'G1Master.g1p'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
Published: October 19, 2007
Last Updated: 2009-12-17
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x
When opening Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
- 3051: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ‘G1Master.g1p’. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
- Your Windows User Account does not have sufficient permissions to run Guard1 Plus.
Log in to Windows as Local Administrator and assign the following minimum required permissions to all User Accounts that will be using Guard1 Plus and/or Rounds Tracker:
- "Modify" permissions to the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus) and all sub-folders
- "Full" permissions to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. and all sub-keys