Published: August 24, 2007
Last Updated: 2009-12-17
- Guard1 Plus versions: 3.x
- Data Maintenance Scheduler versions: 3.x
When Data Maintenance Scheduler attempts to create an Export file, the process fails and the following error information is logged in the DataMaintenance.log file:
- [G1PDataMaintenanceScheduler(3.2.0).modDataMaintScheduler.ImportDatabase] Could not update; currently locked
- [G1PDataMaintenanceScheduler(3.2.0).modDataMaintScheduler.Main] 3219: Operation is not allowed in this context.
Note: there is a similar message stating "The table is already opened exclusively by another user, or it is already open through the user interface and cannot be manipulated programmatically."
- The database is too large. This issue typically occurs with Exports made just prior to scheduled Archives, when the database is at its largest size.
Archive your database to reduce its size, then run the Export task again.