Last Updated: 2010-07-26
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
When attempting to print or preview a Guard1 Plus report you receive the following error:
- 462: The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable
- You previewed a report, but did not close the MS Word windows before attempting to print or preview another report.
- MS Word is not installed locally.
- Unsupported version of MS Word.
- MS Word is not releasing its process handle, leaving an instance of WINWORD.EXE running in memory even after all Word windows are closed. In this case the error may be preceded/followed by 5895: The requested view is not available. This issue is most likely to occur with MS Office 2000.
Close all open Word windows, restart Guard1 Plus and try again.
If the error recurs:
- Verify that you are using a local installation of MS Word. If Word is run from a network location, you must install it locally. Guard1 Plus cannot use a network installation of MS Word.
- Verify that your MS Word version is compatible with your version of Guard1 Plus. See the system requirements for your version of Guard1 Plus.
- Verify that you have the latest Service Pack and updates installed for MS Office.
- Restart the PC.
If the error persists, you may have to uninstall/reinstall MS Office.
This is a known issue with MS Office 2000. If you have MS Office 2000, refer to Microsoft KB article 188546.