Last Updated: 2010-08-25
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
When downloading a PIPE at an Attendant SE workstation
When opening Guard1 Plus Client
When launching the G1ActivateSoftware wizard
When running the G1DBSetup wizard
You receive the following error:
- 5: The parameter is incorrect
This error may be followed by:
- There was an error opening the configuration database then There was an error trying to process download file...
- -438: Object doesn't support this property or method
- The shared folder Guard1 Plus SE Server can not be found by the workstation application
- You have not run the DBSetup wizard to initialize your databases, or there is a problem with the database setup
- The SQL Server Instance Name has been changed since SQL Server was installed on the PC.
- The Config.ini file has been edited manually to remove the "Pwd=" section
Verify the path to your shared folder:
- On the PC where the error occurs, open My Computer/Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE.
- Double-click the file Network.ini. This will open the file in Notepad.
Verify that the Folder= value is \\ServerName\ShareName, where ServerName is the name of the PC where your Guard1 Plus SE Server share resides and ShareName is the name of the share. If the value is in the format X:\ShareName, you used a mapped drive to install your workstation applications. Since mapped drives are User Account specific and may not be mapped for all users, you should use a UNC path for this value.
Verify that the correct folder on the server is shared. You must share C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE Server and give Everyone at least "Modify" permissions to the share and the folder.
Verify that the PC where the shared folder resides was running and available on the network at the time of the error.
Verify that you have run the G1DBSetup wizard and that your Application and Configuration databases have been initialized correctly.
On the PC where the shared folder resides, open My Computer/Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE Server. Double-click the Config.ini file. Verify that the section "Pwd=" is present and populated. If the "Pwd=" section is missing or contains no data, follow the procedure in ANS1 bad tag value met.
If the SQL Server PC's name was changed after SQL Server was installed, the SQL Server Instance Name did not automatically change to the new PC name. Refer to this Microsoft article for information on renaming your SQL Server Instance to match the new PC name.