Published: December 14, 2004
Last Updated: 2009-12-09
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.6x, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
When printing or previewing a Guard1 Plus report you receive the following error:
- 5140: Method ~ of object ~ failed
- You do not have a printer driver installed
- You are using MS Office 2007 Beta 2
- There is a problem with the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) installation on the PC.
Verify that you have a printer driver installed on the PC. Guard1 Plus prints to the default system printer only. If you do not have a printer driver installed, you must install one to print or preview Guard1 Plus reports.
If you received this error without the error ID 5140 (i.e. only the text Method ~ of object ~ failed):
- If you have MS Office 2007 Beta 2 installed, you must uninstall it and install a released version of MS Office.
- If none of the above applies, there may be a problem with the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) installation on your PC. Refer to Microsoft KB article 255986 for more information.