Published: March 24, 2005
Last Updated: 2009-12-07
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.6x, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
When printing or previewing a Guard1 Plus report you receive the following error:
- 5981: Could not open macro storage
- A non-compatible version of MS Word is installed.
- The MS Word master template file Normal.dot is corrupted.
Verify that your MS Word version is compatible with your version of Guard1 Plus. See the system requirements for your version of Guard1 Plus.
If you have a supported version of MS Word:
- Search your C:\ drive for files named Normal.dot.
- Delete all instances of Normal.dot. It will be recreated by Word the next time the program is used.
- Open Guard1 Plus and attempt to print or preview the report again.
- If the error recurs, uninstall/reinstall MS Office, then update Office with the latest Service Packs and patches available on the Microsoft Update site.