Last Updated: 2010-07-26
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
When closing Guard1 Plus. After reopening Guard1 Plus, the message "Now downloading" is displayed, even if there is no PIPE in the Downloader
When attempting to delete multiple Buttons or Downloads (may be preceded by 3034: You tried to commit or rollback a transaction without first beginning a transaction)
When attempting to download a PIPE in a Direct Downloader
When downloading a PIPE at an Attendant SE workstation. This error may be followed by There was an error trying to process download file...
When you are viewing the Assign Offender tab of a Location Button's Properties page and try to open another button's properties
You receive the following error:
- 9: Subscript out of range
- Guard1 Plus was closed before a download (DL) file was completely processed into the database
- The database is too large
- If Mini-Attendant File Manager has provided a DL file containing Unassigned buttons to the Attendant, the Assign Names Wizard will launch. If a local PIPE download is performed while the Assign Names Wizard is open, the Attendant will attempt to process the new DL file, resulting in a commit transaction failure for the first download.
- Attendant SE cannot access the shared folder
- A known issue with the display of properties tabs in Client SE versions 4.30 and 4.40
If the error occurred when you closed Guard1 Plus, reopen the program. The Attendant will re-process the download that was interrupted. Note that this may result in duplicate Downloads; you should delete all duplicate Downloads found.
If the error occurs when you attempt to delete multiple Buttons or Downloads, see 3034: You tried to commit or rollback a transaction without first beginning a transaction for the resolution.
If the error occurs when the Assign Names Wizard is open, and you are using Mini-Attendant and Mini-Attendant File Manager, there is no resolution. You must complete or cancel the Assign Names Wizard before attempting to perform a local PIPE download.
If the error occurs when downloading a PIPE at an Attendant SE workstation:
- Verify the path to the shared folder for Guard1 Plus SE:
- On the Attendant SE workstation, open My Computer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE.
- Double-click the file Network.ini. This will open the file in Notepad.
- Verify that the path shown after Path= is correct (e.g. \\ServerName\Guard1 Plus SE Server). This should be a UNC path. Do not use a local or mapped drive path.
- If the above path is correct, verify that the PC where the Guard1 Plus SE Server shared folder resides was up and running at the time of the error, and that you can access the shared folder from the affected workstation via My Network Places.
- If this is a new installation of Guard1 Plus SE, verify that you have run the Database Setup Wizard (G1DBSetup.exe) and that the Application and Configuration databases have been initialized.
If the error occurs in Client SE 4.30 and 4.40 when you are viewing the Assign Offender tab of a Location button's Properties page and attempt to open another button's Properties page, simply click OK at each error (the error will occur twice). After clearing both errors, the second button's Properties page will be displayed. The errors will occur whenever the Assign Offender tab has focus and you attempt to view a new button Properties page. There is no adverse effect on the application or the database.