Last Updated: 2010-07-26
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
- Mini-Attendant versions: 2.x
Upon inserting a PIPE in the Direct Downloader
After clicking Download Now
You receive the following error:
- A reader could not be found
- There is a problem with the PIPE
- One or more of the contact pins in the Downloader's PIPE receptacle are retracted
- There is a problem with the communications between the Downloader and the PC
Check the PIPE battery. Verify that the PIPE beeps and blinks when you scan a button. If the PIPE is non-responsive, request an RMA for the PIPE. Try another PIPE if possible. If the second PIPE works, the issue is with the first PIPE.
Check the contact pins in the Downloader's PIPE receptacle. Of any of the spring-loaded pins is stuck down, request an RMA for the Downloader. DO NOT attempt to release the pin(s) yourself - this may permanently damage the Downloader.
Check the LEDs on the Downloader:
- With the PIPE in the Downloader, only the Power LED should be lit.
- If the Data light is ON, remove the PIPE - the Data light should go out. This indicates a problem with the PIPE.
- There are no lights lit.
Reboot the PC and try again. If the problem recurs, check the COM port settings for the Downloader.
If the COM port settings are correct, delete the Downloader from the System Tab in Guard1 Plus, restart Guard1 Plus then re-add the Downloader.
If the error persists, contact Technical Support.