Published: November 15, 2006
Last Updated: 2009-12-29
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
During installation of Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
- An error (-5005 : 0x8007000d) has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor.
The error may reference the files KernelMedia.cpp and SetupDLL.cpp.
- The Setup program for another application is already running
- You installed another application but did not restart the PC after completing the installation
- Damaged CD
- Problem with the CD or DVD drive
Restart the PC, log in to Windows as a Local Administrator and try the installation again.
If the error recurs, check the condition of the Guard1 Plus CD. Also try installing on another PC; if the installation proceeds normally on another PC, the problem is not with the Guard1 Plus CD. Check the functionality of the CD or DVD drive on the original PC.
Rename the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield to "InstallShieldOLD", then try installing Guard1 Plus again.