Published: October 5, 2007
Last Updated: 2009-12-29
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
During installation of Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
- An error (-5009 : 0x80004002) has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor.
The error may be followed by:
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 55456.18
- The Setup program for another application is already running
- You installed another application but did not restart the PC after completing the installation
- Damaged CD
- Problem with the CD or DVD drive
- Insufficient free space on the hard drive
- Insufficient system resources (RAM, processor) available
- Problem with Windows installation
Restart the PC, log in to Windows as a Local Administrator and try the installation again.
If the error recurs, check the condition of the Guard1 Plus CD. Also try installing on another PC; if the installation proceeds normally on another PC, the problem is not with the Guard1 Plus CD. Check the functionality of the CD or DVD drive on the original PC.
Verify that you have at least 1.5 GB free space on your hard drive.
Close all other programs and shut down System Tray applications to free up RAM and processor resources.
Rename the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield to "InstallShieldOLD", then try installing Guard1 Plus again.
Empty the folder C:\Windows\Temp.
If none of the above solutions work, there is a problem with your Windows installation. Use a different PC, or reinstall Windows and try again.