Published: October 6, 2006
Last Updated: 2009-12-23
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 3.x
When installing Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
- Component Transfer Error: The filename, directory, or volume label syntax is incorrect
- Damaged or dirty CD
- Illegal characters in the installation path
- The chosen installation path does not exist
- Your Windows User Account does not have sufficient permissions
- Non-supported file type setting
Check the Guard1 Plus CD for damage or dirt.
Verify that the path you have chosen for the installation is correct and that there are no illegal characters in the path. The default and recommended installation path is C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus (or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus if Windows Vista).
Verify that you have "Modify" permissions to the destination folder. IMPORTANT: You must be logged in as a Local Administrator to successfully install Guard1 Plus.
Verify that the installation path you have chosen is a local path. Guard1 Plus can not be installed to a network drive.
Verify that the Windows File System is FAT32 or NTFS:
- Open My Computer.
- Right-click your C: drive and select Properties.
- On the General tab, the File System type is shown at the top of the tab.