Error connecting to the Report Server. The server committed a protocol violation.
Last Updated: 2016-02-08
- Guard1 Plus versions: 5.x
During the initial configuration of Guard1 Plus, you receive the following error during the reports configuration phase of the Data Maintenance Application:
- Error connecting to Report Server. The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine.
- Another application such as Skype is using HTTP port 80, which is the default port used by SQL Reporting Services.
Set the other application to use a different port than 80.
- Open Skype.
- Click Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection.
- Deselect the option Use port 80 and 443 for additional incoming connections.
- Click Save.
- Close the Skype window.
- Right-click the Skype icon in the System Tray and select Quit. Click Yes if prompted.
After configuring the other application:
- Open File Explorer and browse to C:\ProgramData\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus\TKS Guard1Plus Service.
- Delete all files from the TKS Guard1Plus Service folder.
- Re-run the Data Maintenance Application by right-clicking its shortcut in the All Apps menu and selecting Run as administrator.