Failed sending USB Downloader notification
Last Updated: 2015-03-23
- Guard1 Plus versions: 5.0, 5.1
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 5.0, 5.1
After downloading a PIPE to a USB Downloader, the download does not appear on the Downloads tab even after refreshing the tab. The Guard1 Plus Event Log (in Windows Event Viewer) shows multiple instances of the following error:
- Failed sending USB Downloader notification. SerializationException: There was an error deserializing the object of type Tks.GuardOne.Contracts.DataContract.TksNotificationMessage. The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
- A problem occurred during conversion of the PIPE data to an encrypted XML Notification file
Remove the affected Notification files:
- Open File Explorer and browse to the C:\ProgramData\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus\TKS Guard1Plus Attendant Service\USB Downloader folder.
- Find the oldest file in the folder. Attendant processes the files in order, so the oldest one is the one causing the problem.
- Right-click the oldest file and select Cut.
- Paste the file into C:\ProgramData\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus\TKS Guard1Plus Attendant Service\Failed Downloads.
The Attendant should begin processing the remaining Notification files (if any). Refresh the Downloads tab in the Guard1 Plus Client to see the new downloads.
If the Attendant does not process the remaining files, and the Guard1 Plus Event Log shows new instances of the error shown in the Symptoms section, repeat the removal steps above for the next oldest file.
Once all Notification files are processed, send the file(s) in the Failed Downloads folder to Technical Support. We will attempt to recover your data, but cannot guarantee any data can be recovered.