Published: September 14, 2006
Last Updated: 2009-12-29
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
During installation of Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
Setup has experienced an error.
Please do the following:
- Close any running programs
- Empty your temporary folder
- Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)
Then try to run the Setup again.
Error code: -6005
- Insufficient free space on the hard drive
- Insufficient system resources (RAM, processor) available
- Problem with Windows installation
Restart the PC, log in to Windows as a Local Administrator and try the installation again.
Verify that you have at least 1.5 GB free space on your hard drive.
Close all other programs and shut down System Tray applications (including antivirus and antimalware utilities) to free up RAM and processor resources.
Rename the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield to "InstallShieldOLD", then try installing Guard1 Plus again.
Empty the folder C:\Windows\Temp.
If none of the above solutions work, there is a problem with your Windows installation. Use a different PC, or reinstall Windows and try again.