No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Last Updated: 2015-12-02
- Guard1 Plus versions: 5.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 5.x
When opening the Guard1 Plus Client, Rounds Tracker, Data Maintenance Application or Configure Unassigned Buttons Application you receive an error message that contains the following:
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <IPAddress>:<PortNo>
- <IPAddress> is the IP Address of the PC where the Guard1 Plus Service (TKS Guard1Plus Service) is running
- <PortNo> is the HTTP port used by the Guard1 Plus Service (default is 50152)
- The software cannot communicate with the Guard1 Plus Service. This typically occurs when:
- The Guard1 Plus Service is not running.
- The TKS Guard1Plus Service Windows Firewall rule is not enabled for the PC's network profile (e.g. "Public").
- A third-party firewall or proxy is blocking the communication.
Verify the Guard1 Plus Service is running:
- On the PC where the Guard1 Plus Service is installed, right-click the Taskbar and select Start Task Manager or Task Manager.
- Click the Services Tab. (On Windows 8.1 and 10 you may have to click the More Details link at bottom left to see the Services Tab).
- Find the TKS Guard1Plus Service. Its Status should be "Running". If the service Status is "Stopped", right-click the service name and select Start Service or Start.
- NOTE: The default login account for the TKS Guard1Plus Service is Local Service. You may have to change the service login account to ensure the service will start and have access to network resources under your network's security policy. If the TKS Guard1Plus Service does not start automatically after rebooting your PC, contact your Network Administrator for assistance.
If the problem persists after starting the service, or the service is already running:
- Verify the Windows Firewall rule is enabled and set to all profiles
- Open Control Panel and select Windows Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Advanced Settings.
- In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window's left pane, click Inbound Rules.
- Find the rule named TKS Guard1Plus Service and double-click it.
- On the General tab, verify the Enabled box is checked and Allow the connection is enabled.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Place a checkmark in the boxes for Domain, Private and Public.
- Click OK.
If the problem persists:
- Verify that your third-party firewall or security appliance is allowing traffic on the HTTP port used by the TKS Guard1Plus Service (default is 50152).
- Verify that your antivirus software is not blocking the TKS Guard1Plus Service from communicating.
A similar error may occur during the Reporting Services configuration phase of the Guard1 Plus SE 5.2 Data Maintenance Application. This error occurs when you have configured your Report Server to use HTTPS only, but did not select the Use SSL (HTTPS) option on the Data Maintenance Reporting Services Configuration page.