Last Updated: 2010-07-26
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
Upon inserting a PIPE in the Direct Downloader
After clicking Download Now
After manually adding a Direct Downloader using the Add Devices Wizard
You receive the following error:
- The downloader <DownloaderName> could not be found
Where <DownloaderName> is the name of the selected Downloader (i.e. "Direct Downloader" or "Mobile Downloader").
- There is a problem with the PIPE
- One or more of the contact pins in the Downloader's PIPE receptacle are retracted
- There is a problem with the communications between the Downloader and the PC
- Symantec Norton 360 firewall is preventing the Direct Downloader from communicating with the PC
Check the PIPE battery. Verify that the PIPE beeps and blinks when you scan a button. If the PIPE is non-responsive, request an RMA for the PIPE. Try another PIPE if possible. If the second PIPE works, the issue is with the first PIPE.
Check the contact pins in the Downloader's PIPE receptacle. Of any of the spring-loaded pins is stuck down, request an RMA for the Downloader. DO NOT attempt to release the pin(s) yourself - this may permanently damage the Downloader.
Check the LEDs on the Downloader:
- With the PIPE in the Downloader, only the Power LED should be lit.
- If the Data light is ON, remove the PIPE - the Data light should go out. This indicates a problem with the PIPE.
- There are no lights lit.
Reboot the PC and try again. If the problem recurs, check the COM port settings for the Downloader.
If the COM port settings are correct, delete the Downloader from the System Tab in Guard1 Plus, restart Guard1 Plus then re-add the Downloader.
If the error persists, contact Technical Support.
Symantec Norton 360 users
By default, the Norton 360 firewall blocks UPnPdiscovery for Plug and Play devices. This can prevent the Guard1 Plus Add Devices Wizard from detecting the Direct Downloader automatically, and prevent manually-added Direct Downloaders from communicating successfully (typically with error The downloader <DownloaderName> could not be found). Disable the firewall rule "Default Block UPnP Discovery":
- Open Norton 360.
- Click Settings.
- Click Firewall.
- Click the Traffic Rules tab.
- Uncheck the box for the rule Default Block UPnP Discovery.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close.
- Close the Norton 360 window.
- Restart the PC.
- Run the Add Devices Wizard again.