Last Updated: 2016-08-31
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 5.x
When the Data Maintenance Application launches for initial configuration immediately after installation, or when launching the Data Maintenance Application manually during the normal course of operations, you receive the following error during the Reports phase of the Data Maintenance Wizard:
- The Server service is not started
- The Windows Server service is not running.
Start the Windows Server service:
- Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run dialog, type SERVICES.MSC and press Enter. This will open the Services Console.
- In the Services list, double-clickServer.
- In the Server Properties window, click the General tab.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic. If it is already set to Automatic, skip to Step 7.
- Click Apply.
- If the Service status is "Stopped", "Disabled" or "Paused", click Start. Otherwise skip to Step 8.
- Click OK.
- Restart the PC.
Re-run the Guard1 Plus Data Maintenance Application by right-clicking its shortcut and selecting Run as administrator. It should complete the Reports deployment and open successfully.
If the Server service will not start, or starts for the session but does not restart after a reboot, there is an issue with Windows. Contact Microsoft Technical Support for assistance.