Last Updated: 2011-08-18
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.80, 2.81
When attempting to install Guard1 Plus
When you enter your Support Code after launching Guard1 Plus for the first time
You receive the following error:
- The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation
- You are not logged in to Windows as a Local Administrator, or your Local Administrator account is restricted by Group Policy
- You clicked the file Guard1 Plus.msi instead of Setup.exe to launch the installation
- Your Network Administrator has used Group Policy to disable installations on your workstation
Guard1 Plus installation requires Local Administrator privileges. Verify that your Windows User Account has Local Administrator privileges, or log in to Windows using a Local Administrator account.
If you are logged in as a Local Administrator and still receive the error, and you are launching the installation by clicking a file on the CD, you must use Setup.exe. Do NOT use Guard1 Plus.msi.
If you are launching the installation via AutoPlay, or if you have clicked Setup.exe and still get the error, contact your Network Administrator for assistance.