There was an error trying to process download file <FileName>. Please contact technical support immediately.
Last Updated: 2015-11-25
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.x, 3.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.x
- Mini-Attendant versions: 2.x
When opening Guard1 Plus, Attendant or Mini-Attendant
After downloading a PIPE, Mobile Downloader or Modem Downloader
You receive the following error:
- There was an error trying to process download file <FileName>. Please contact technical support immediately.
Where <FileName> is the name of a download file (e.g. DL20091204143034.DL or DL20091204142034.DL2).
The message may be displayed multiple times (each message indicating a different download file name.)
In Guard1 Plus SE, the error may be preceded by -5: Parameter incorrect and There was an error opening the configuration database.
Guard1 Plus SE: if the error is preceded by -5: Parameter incorrect and/or There was an error opening the configuration database, Attendant SE cannot connect to the Guard1 Plus SE Server shared folder.
All versions: When you download a PIPE or Downloader (IP, Mobile or Modem), the data it contains is converted by the Attendant to a download (DL) file. The DL file is placed in the Guard1 Plus installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus). The Attendant then processes the DL file into the Guard1 Plus database. If this process is successful, the DL file is deleted.
If the process fails (due to data corruption in the DL file, a problem with the Guard1 Plus database, insufficient hard drive space, or if Attendant SE cannot communicate with the Guard1 Plus SE Server share), the Attendant displays the error. As long as the corrupt DL file remains in the Guard1 Plus installation folder, the Attendant will attempt to process it at program start and every time a device is downloaded, and the error will be displayed whenever an attempt is made to process the file.
The DL filename has an extension of .DL (version 2.0x) or .DL2 (versions 2.5x and newer, 3.x and 4.x).
Guard1 Plus SE: refer to -5: Parameter incorrect before following the procedure below.
To resolve the problem, the offending DL file(s) must be removed from the Guard1 Plus program folder:
- Close Guard1 Plus and shut down the Attendant.
- Open My Computer and browse to the Guard1 Plus installation folder. The default folder location is:
- Versions 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60 and 3.x: C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus
- Versions 2.7x and 2.8x: C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus
- Version 4.x: C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE
- Select all files with names like "DL20090125164233.DL" or “DL20090216095214.DL2”, right-click on them and select CUT.
- PASTE the files into a convenient folder, such as My Documents. This will remove them from the Guard1 Plus folder.
- Open Guard1 Plus. It should open without error.
Email the DL file(s) from Step 4 to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to recover your data. (NOTE: you must have a current Support Subscription to obtain this service. We can not guarantee that data will be recoverable in full or in part.)
If we are able to recover any data, we will email the file(s) back to you with instructions for processing them into your database. We may also be able to suggest possible causes for the file corruption. Corruption can be caused by a number of things such as hardware issues or communication problems between the downloader and the PC.
If the DL files show no signs of corruption, and/or you continue to receive the error with new downloads, there may be a problem with your Guard1 Plus database, or you may not have enough free disk space remaining. Contact Technical Support for further assistance.