There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper
Last Updated: 2015-12-03
- Guard1 Plus versions: 5.0, 5.1
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 5.0, 5.1
During the Guard1 Plus Service phase of the Configuration Wizard, the wizard stops with the following error:
- There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706D9) The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.
- The Windows Firewall Service is not running. The Guard1 Plus Configuration Wizard is unable to create required Inbound Rules when the Firewall Service is stopped.
Start the Windows Firewall Service:
- Right-click the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click the Services tab.
- In Windows 8 and Server 2012 you may have to click More Details to see the Services tab.
- In the Name column, find the service MpsSvc.
- Right-click MpsSvc and select Start or Start Service.
- In the Status column, verify the status is now Running.
- Close Task Manager.
- Click Back in the Guard1 Plus Configuration Wizard to retry, or re-run the Configuration Wizard if you previously exited it.
- The Guard1 Plus Service configuration should proceed without error.
Once the configuration of Guard1 Plus is complete, you can stop the Windows Firewall Service again if desired.
This issue is resolved in version 5.2.