Published: September 19, 2007
Last Updated: 2009-12-29
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.0x, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x
When opening Guard1 Plus you receive the following error:
- Unable to build the master database
Followed by There was an error opening the database.
- Your Windows User Account does not have sufficient permissions
- The database template file G1Master.rll is missing or corrupt
Log in to Windows as a Local Administrator and launch Guard1 Plus. If the error does not recur, assign the following minimum required permissions to all User Accounts that will be using Guard1 Plus:
- "Modify" permissions to the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus) and all sub-folders
- "Full" permissions to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TimeKeeping Systems Inc. and all sub-keys
If the error recurs when logged in as Local Administrator, insert your Guard1 Plus CD. The installer should launch automatically; if it does not, open My Computer, navigate to your CD drive and double-click Setup.exe. Choose the Repair option, then follow the Wizard to repair the Guard1 Plus installation. Restart the PC when the process is complete, then launch Guard1 Plus.
If the error recurs, uninstall/reinstall Guard1 Plus.