Last Updated: 2013-01-08
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.30, 4.40
In certain circumstances it may be desirable to delete Guard1 Plus SE Archive databases. This is usually done to remove obsolete data to conserve hard drive space on the SQL Server.
There are two primary steps when deleting Guard1 Plus SE Archive databases:
- Deleting the Archive database from SQL Server.
- Removing the Guard1 Plus SE Data Source reference to the Archive. This removes the Archive from the File > Open Archive list in the Guard1 Plus SE Client.
WARNING: The procedure below will delete Guard1 Plus SE Archive database(s). Verify that you do not need the information in the database(s) before continuing. You should back up the database(s) if there is any chance the data will be needed in the future.
- Close all Guard1 Plus SE Clients, Rounds Tracker Clients and Attendants.
- Use SQL Enterprise Manager/Management Studio to delete the unneeded Archive database(s).
- On a PC where the Guard1 Plus SE Local Client is installed, open a Command Window and navigate to the Guard1 Plus SE Server share. NOTE: if you are not working on the same PC where the shared folder resides, you will have to map the folder to a local drive, then navigate to the mapped drive at the command prompt.
- Type G1Cfg 0, then press Enter.
- The Guard1 Plus SE Configuration window is displayed, showing all of the current data sources in the Data Sources And Connection Parameters section, with their names in bold followed by their type (e.g. "Archive"). Leave this window open for reference.
- In the Command Window, type G1Cfg 201;Supervisor User;Supervisor Password;Data Source Name, then press Enter.
- Supervisor User = an application User that has Supervisor rights
- Supervisor Password = the password for the above Supervisor user
- Data Source Name = the name of the Archive data source you wish to delete
- Click Yes, then OK.
- Close the Guard1 Plus SE Configuration window from Step 5.
- In the Command Window type G1Cfg 0, then press Enter.
- Verify that the Archive data source deleted in Step 6 is no longer listed in the Data Sources And Connection Parameters section.
- Repeat Steps 6-10 for all other Archive data sources you wish to remove.
- Close all open windows.
- Open the Guard1 Plus SE Client and log in as a Supervisor user.
- Click File > Open Archive. The Archive list should no longer contain the Archives deleted in the steps above.