Moving Guard1 Plus SE 4 Server to a new file server
Last Updated: 2010-07-26
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
You want to move your Guard1 Plus SE 4 Server installation to a new file server.
If you have Guard1 Plus SE Server installed on your SQL Server instead of a file server, and you also intend to move your databases to a new SQL Server, refer toMoving Guard1 Plus SE Server and databases to a different SQL Server.
If you have Guard1 Plus SE Server installed on your SQL Server and want to move it to a file server but intend to leave your databases on the same SQL Server, use this procedure.
This procedure assumes that the SQL Server will not change.
On the old file server,
- Open My Computer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE Server. (This is the default name for the Guard1 Plus SE Server installation folder; you may have chosen a different name.)
- Right-click the file Config.ini and select Copy.
- Paste the file to a flash drive or network folder.
On the new file server:
- Insert the Guard1 Plus SE CD in your CD drive. The installer should begin automatically. If the installer does not begin automatically, open My Computer and browse to your CD drive, then double-click the file Setup.exe.
- Select the installation language then click OK.
- Click Next at Welcome Screen.
- Read and accept the license agreement.
- Click Next.
- Use the default installation directory (recommended). If you prefer to change the installation directory click Change. Once you have selected the install directory, click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the installation completes, click Finish.
- Share the C:\Program Files\ Guard1 Plus SE Server folder, giving "Full" permissions to Everyone (required).
- Paste the Config.ini file from the old file server into the folder C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE Server
- Reinstall the Local Client, Attendant and/or Rounds Tracker Client on all workstations:
- Browse to the newGuard1 Plus SE Server share (i.e. \\Servername\Sharename). Do NOT use a mapped drive.
- Click the folder for the workstation application you wish to install (i.e. Client\Local Client, Attendant, Rounds Tracker).
- Double-click Setup.exe.
- Follow the prompts to install the application.
- Repeat Steps 1-3 to install other applications.
- When finished, open each application and verify that each opens without error.