Display 24-Hour Time Format in Guard1 Plus version 5 Reports
Last Updated: 2016-04-27
- Guard1 Plus versions: 5.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 5.x
For previous versions, refer to this topic.
By default the times in Guard1 Plus reports are displayed in 12-hour format. There are two methods to change the time format to 24-hour:
- The recommended method is to replace the default Report Definition files with files set to display 24-hour time format.
- Use SQL Server Report Builder to edit all or specific Report Definition file(s) to display 24-hour time format.
- Applies to Guard1 Plus SE only.
- SQL Server Report Builder must be installed.
- SQL Server Report Builder is not available with SQL Server Express.
- Download the 24-hour format RDL files (G1P5_24-HourRDL.zip).
- Copy the downloaded file to a folder on the PC where Guard1 Plus or the Guard1 Plus SE Server component is installed.
- Extract the ZIP file contents. This will create a folder named RDL24Hour containing subfolders for each supported language.
- Right-click the RDL24Hour folder and select Copy.
- Browse to:
- 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus
- 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (X86)\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus
- Rename the existing RDL folder to RDL12Hour.
- Paste the RDL24Hour folder from Step 3.
- Rename the RDL24Hour folder to RDL.
- Open the Data Maintenance Application and log in with a Guard1 Plus Supervisor or Full account.
- In the upper left corner, click Advanced > Refresh Reports.
- Click Yes to refresh the reports. This will deploy the new 24-hour RDL files to the Report Server.
- When the process completes, the Status column for the Master database will show Available. Close the Data Maintenance Application.
- Launch Guard1 Plus and run a report. The times should be displayed in 24-hour format.
To return to 12-hour format:
- Rename the RDL folder in Step 7 above to RDL24Hour.
- Rename the RDL12Hour folder in Step 5 above to RDL.
- Perform Steps 8-12 above to deploy the 12-hour RDL files to the Report Server.
- Using a web browser, open the Reporting Services home page and navigate to the report. For example, if you wanted to edit the Officer Location report, go to this folder: G1PSE\Guard1Plus\EN\Tour Reports.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the report you want to modify and select Edit in Report Builder.
- The report opens in Report Builder.
- In the report's body, select the Date field in the report and double-click to open the Placeholder Properties window.
- In the left pane, choose Number and then on the right choose Time.
- Click Yes at the "You are about to delete a custom value. Do you want to continue?" dialog.
- Select your preferred time format such as 13:30 and click OK.
- Exit from Report Builder, clicking Yes to save your changes.
- Please note that if you Refresh Reports from the Data Maintenance Application, you are reverting back to the default reports.