Change the Date and Time Format in Guard1 Plus version 5 Reports
Last Updated: 2016-07-06
- Guard1 Plus versions: 5.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 5.x
The default date and time format in Guard1 Plus reports is dependent on the Guard1 Plus install language.
- English: en-US (English, United States), mm/dd/yyyy, 12-hour time format.
- French: fr-FR (French, France), dd/mm/yyyy, 24-hour time format.
- German: de-DE (German, Germany), dd.mm.yyyy, 24-hour time format.
- Spanish: es-ES (Spanish, Spain), dd/mm/yyyy, 24-hour time format.
There are two methods to change the date and time format to specific regional settings:
- The recommended method is to replace the default Report Definition files with files set to display the appropriate Regional date and time formats.
- Use SQL Server Report Builder to edit all or specific Report Definition files to display the appropriate Regional date and time formats.
- Applies to Guard1 Plus SE only.
- SQL Server Report Builder must be installed.
- SQL Server Report Builder is not available with SQL Server Express.
Click a link below to download RDL files for your region. If your region is not listed, contact Technical Support to request modified RDLs.
- en-GB (English, Great Britain, dd/mm/yyyy, 24-hour time format.)
To deploy the new RDL files:
- Download the desired RDL files using the appropriate link above.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file to a folder on the PC where Guard1 Plus or the Guard1 Plus SE Server component is installed.
- Extract the ZIP file contents. This will create a folder containing subfolders for each report category.
- Right-click the extracted folder and select Copy.
- Browse to:
- 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus\RDL
- 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (X86)\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus\RDL
- Rename the existing language folder to, for example, EN-OLD.
- Paste the extracted folder from Step 3.
- Rename the extracted folder to the original name of the folder in Step 6 (e.g. EN).
- Open the Data Maintenance Application and log in with a Guard1 Plus Supervisor or Full account.
- In the upper left corner, click Advanced > Refresh Reports.
- Click Yes to refresh the reports. This will deploy the new 24-hour RDL files to the Report Server.
- When the process completes, the Status column for the Master database will show Available. Close the Data Maintenance Application.
- Launch Guard1 Plus and run a report. The dates and times should be displayed in the expected format.
To return to the original date and time format:
- Rename the language folder in Step 8 above to, for example, EN-NEW.
- Rename the folder in Step 6 above to the original language code (e.g. EN).
- Perform Steps 9-13 above to deploy the original RDL files to the Report Server.
NOTE: This method is not available with Guard1 Plus or with Guard1 Plus SE when using SQL Server Express.
- Using Internet Explorer, open the Reporting Services home page and navigate to the report. For example, if you wanted to edit the English Officer Location report, go to this folder: G1PSE\Guard1Plus\EN\Tour Reports.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the report you want to modify and select Edit in Report Builder.
- The report opens in Report Builder. (NOTE: you may have to approve the installation of Report Builder).
- Click the View ribbon.
- Click the Properties checkbox to enable it.
- In the right window pane, in the Localization section, select the desired Language code (e.g. en-GB for English, Great Britain).
- Click the Save icon to save the report.
- Close Report Builder.
- Launch Guard1 Plus and run the report. The dates and times should be displayed in the expected format.
- Please note that if you Refresh Reports from the Data Maintenance Application, you are reverting back to the default reports.