NOTE: If you are installing version 5 on the same PC as a previous version of Guard1 Plus SE and/or IP Attendant 2.x, you should uninstall the older version(s) before attempting to install version 5. If you do not uninstall the older version(s), you will be prompted to do so during the Guard1 Plus SE 5 installation process.
Install Guard1 Plus SE Clients
- Close all Guard1 Plus SE 4.x applications including:
- Client SE
- Attendant SE
- Rounds Tracker SE
- IP Attendant service
- Disconnect all USB Downloaders from the PC.
- Using Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features, uninstall all Guard1 Plus SE 4.x components and IP Attendant 2.x.
- Restart the PC.
- Log on as a Local Administrator to install Guard1 Plus SE Clients.
- Insert the Guard1 Plus SE 5 CD in the CD drive.
- Open File Explorer and browse to the CD drive. Double-click the G1PClientSetup.exe file.
- Select a language and click OK. NOTE: it is recommended that you choose the same language for Guard1 Plus SE Clients as you used for Guard1 Plus SE Server.
- You may be prompted to install the prerequisites “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5” and/or “Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5”. If so, click Install.
- Click Next to complete the prerequisite installation and then click Finish.
- Click Next to install Guard1 Plus SE Clients.
- After reviewing the End User License Agreement select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” then click Next and Install.
- If an older version of Guard1 Plus is already installed on this computer, you will be prompted to uninstall it. If so, click OK at the "Setup has detected an older version of Guard1 Plus" message, then click Finish to exit the Guard1 Plus SE 5 installer. Uninstall the older version via Control Panel, restart the computer and begin the Guard1 Plus SE 5 Clients installation again.
- After version 5 is installed, click Finish to launch the Guard1 Plus SE Configuration Wizard.
Configure Guard1 Plus SE Clients
- The Configuration Wizard will launch automatically after you click Finish in the Guard1 Plus SE Clients installer window. If the Configuration Wizard does not launch automatically, you can launch it via the Configuration Application shortcut in All Programs by right-clicking it and selecting Run as administrator.
- Review the first screen of the Configuration Wizard, then click Start.
- If the What would you like to do? screen is displayed (e.g. when installing on a system where any Guard1 Plus SE 5 Clients component was previously installed), select Create configuration, then click Next.
- Select the Client components you would like to install on this PC:
- Client: installs the Guard1 Plus SE Client application, used for managing Buttons, organizing Tours, viewing Tour data and running reports.
- Rounds Tracker: installs the Rounds Tracker application (requires Microsoft Excel 2010 or newer 32-bit).
- Attendant: installs Guard1 Plus SE Attendant. This is required only if you are attaching a USB Downloader to this PC or you want to use this PC as your IP Downloader Host.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Name or IP Addresss of the Guard1 Plus SE Server (the PC where the Guard1 Plus Service is installed).
- Choose an HTTP port for the Guard1 Plus Service. The default port is 50152. If you selected a custom port during the Guard1 Plus SE Server configuration, select Use a custom port number and enter the same port you specified on the server.
- Click Next.
- (If you did NOT select Attendant in Step 4, skip to Step 12) If you do not have an IP Downloader, or will use another PC as your IP Downloader Attendant workstation, skip ahead to Step 10. If you have an IP Downloader and want to use this PC as your IP Attendant workstation:
- Choose an HTTP port for the Attendant Service (the default port is 50150). If you select a custom port number you will need to configure each of your IP Downloaders to use the same port number.
- Select an IP Downloader Passphrase (the factory default Passphrase is blank). If you specify a custom passphrase you will need to configure each of your IP Downloaders to use the same passphrase.
- Click Next.
- If you will not be connecting a USB Downloader to this PC, unselect the Expect a USB Downloader checkbox. If you will be connecting a USB Downloader to this PC, leave the box checked.
- Click Next.
- The Configuration Wizard will set up the selected Guard1 Plus SE Clients components. When the Wizard is complete, click Exit to finish the installation.
Repeat the steps in this section on all Guard1 Plus SE workstations to complete the system upgrade.