Attempting to export a Guard1 Real Time report results in no activity
Last Updated: 2019-07-23
- Guard1 Real Time versions: 6.3x
When selecting the Export option for a Guard1 Real Time report and selecting a format such as PDF, no activity occurs - a file is not created, nor are you asked whether you want to save or open the file.
The Do not save encrypted files to disk option in Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > Security is enabled.
Disable the Do not save encrypted files to disk option.
- In the Windows Search box type Internet Options and press Enter.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll to the Security section.
- Uncheck Do not save encrypted files to disk.
- Click OK.
If you require the Do not save encrypted files to disk option to be enabled, the workaround is as follows:
- Run the report as you normally would in Guard1 Real Time.
- When the report completes, right-click anywhere in the report body and select Properties.
- In the Address (URL): section, rich-click the URL and choose Select All.
- Right-click the selected text and choose Copy.
- In your Internet browser's address bar, paste the copied URL and press Enter.
- The report opens in the browser.
- If prompted for user credentials, enter the credentials of a Guard1 user who is a member of the Guard1Reports group.
- Click the Export button and select a format. The report will be exported in the chosen format.