ACMII General Troubleshooting
Last Updated: 2016-11-11
- ACMII EZBarcode Card Reader
This document describes general troubleshooting information for the ACMII EZBarcode Card Reader.
If the ACMII will not read barcodes:
- The standard ACMII uses a 940nm infrared sensor. The barcode must be printed with IR-reflective ink.
- The thermochromic dye in some thermal paper stock is not reflective at this wavelength, preventing the ACMII sensor from reading the barcode.
- The thermal transfer ribbon does not contain a carbon-based ink capable of reflecting at this wavelength, preventing the ACMII sensor from reading the barcode.
- If the output is in Wiegand format, the barcode must conform to the Wiegand numbering format.
- Check the barcode position and size on the card. The barcode location and sized must conform to the specifications at the bottom of Page 2 of the ACM Instruction Sheet.
If the ACMII misreads the barcode:
- Make sure you slide the barcode straight through the slot. If the barcode does not remain parallel to the slot, the sensor may miss a segment of the barcode.