Button scan times are off by -1 hour just prior to Daylight Saving Time transition
Last Updated: 2013-02-25
- IP Downloader Firmware versions: 1.0
- IP Attendant versions: 1.0, 1.1
When downloading PIPEs to an IP Downloader, button scan times are off by -1 hour during a specific time period:
- For time zones that change to Daylight Saving Time (DST) on the 2nd Sunday in March (North America):
- Button scan times will be -1 hour for the time period from 3/2/2010 at 02:00 to 3/14/2010 at 03:00.
- Download timestamps will be +1 hour for the period between 3/13/2010 at 22:00 and 3/14/2010 at 03:00.
- After 3/14/2010 at 03:00 all time stamps will be correct.
- For time zones that change to DST on the 5th Sunday (or 4th Sunday if no 5th occurs) in March (Europe):
- Button scan times will be -1 hour for the time period from 3/5/2010 at 02:00 to 3/28/2010 at 05:00.
- After 3/28/2010 at 05:00 all time stamps will be correct.
- Time zones that do not participate in DST are not affected.
- Southern Hemisphere time zones will be +/- 1 hour through the duration of DST. Timestamps will return to normal upon resumption of Standard Time.
- This is a known issue with IP Downloaders running Firmware version 1.0. The version of Microsoft Windows CE used in Firmware version 1.0 does not handle Daylight Saving Time transitions properly.
- You are using IP Attendant 1.2 or 2.0 with an IP Downloader that has firmware version 1.0. Firmware version 1.0 is compatible with IP Attendant 1.0 and 1.1 only.
A combination of new firmware for the IP Downloader and a new version of IP Attendant is available that resolves this issue. Please refer to How to upgrade the IP Downloader Firmware to learn about downloading and installing the latest device firmware and IP Attendant versions.