How to perform a hardware reset of the IP Downloader
Last Updated: 2017-08-07
- IP Downloader
If an IP Downloader displays all five red LEDs, usually a hardware reset of the IP Downloader resolves this error.
Perform a hardware reset of the IP Downloader by following these steps.
- For firmware version 1.2 and newer: A hardware reset returns the IP Downloader to its factory default settings for DHCP configuration and Administrator Password. It does not affect the Server Host, Passphrase, or Time Zone settings or user information. It does NOT delete tour data.
- For firmware versions 1.1 and 1.0: A hardware reset returns the IP Downloader to its factory default settings for DHCP configuration, Administrator Password, Server Host, Passphrase, and Time Zone settings and user information. It does NOT delete tour data.
To reset the IP Downloader to factory default settings:
- Disconnect the power and Ethernet cable from the IP Downloader.
- On the rear of the Downloader, find the small reset button hole to behind the label network icon between the power jack and the Ethernet port.
- NOTE: many IP Downloaders have rear labels that do not have a cutout for the reset button hole. If the hole is not visible, you must peel back the thick plastic rear label to expose it.
- Insert the end of a paper clip in the reset hole and gently depress reset button.
- Keep the reset button depressed while at the same time connecting the power adapter (non-POE) or the network cable (POE).
- Continue depressing the reset button until the LEDs on the Downloader start to turn from RED to AMBER.
- When one or more LEDs turns AMBER, release the reset button. Replace the label if it was peeled back to access the reset button and reconnect the Ethernet cable (non-POE).
- The Downloader is now reset to its factory default state and should boot and run normally.
- Tour data is retained in memory and will be downloaded when the Downloader connects successfully to IP Attendant or Guard1 Plus 5.
- Refer to Adding a Downloader for more information on IP Downloader initial configuration.
NOTE: Simply pressing and releasing the Reset button when the unit is powered on will reboot the IP Downloader. No settings will be changed. The reset button has no effect when the unit is not powered on.