Selecting the Correct Modem for the Modem Downloader
Last Updated: 2010-02-18
- Downloader types: Modem
The Modem Downloader requires a specific modem to function properly. You may purchase this modem from TimeKeeping Systems, USRobotics or another supplier.
The following modem models are compatible with the Modem Downloader:
- In the United States and the Americas: US Robotics 56K V.92 External Faxmodem, USRobotics part number USR5686E.
- In Europe: US Robotics 56K V.92 External Faxmodem, USRobotics part number USR025630B.
Follow the directions enclosed with the Modem Downloader to configure the Downloader in Guard1 Plus. It is also important to program the Modem Downloader to use the USRobotics modem as described below.
- Disconnect the power cord from the Modem Downloader.
- Hold down the button on the Modem Downloader (below the Power LED) as you reconnect the power cord.
- Watch the LCD screen and release the button when you see the manufacturing date.
- When the modem types appear, press the button once when "USRobotics" is displayed.
- A confirmation beep will alert you that the selection was made.