There are no lights on the Downloader
Last Updated: 2018-05-02
- Downloader types: Direct, Mobile, Modem, IP
- Direct Downloader: the POWER, DATA, and TEST LEDs do not light
- Mobile Downloader: the POWER, DATA and MEMORY LEDs do not light
- Modem Downloader: the POWER, DATA and MODEM LEDs do not light
- IP Downloader: the LEDs on the front panel and the PIPE receptacle LEDs do not light
- Incorrect power adapter connected
- No power adapter connected
- Power adapter is not plugged in to wall outlet or car outlet
- DC adapter fuse is blown
- Wall outlet, surge protector or vehicle outlet is not powered
- There is a problem with the Downloader's power circuit
Make sure you are using the power adapter supplied with the Downloader. If the adapter is not correct, find the correct one and connect it.
- Direct, Mobile and Modem Downloaders
- The supplied AC adapter has an output of 9Vdc 200mA. The output can be found on the label on the back of the adapter.
- The supplied DC (car cigarette lighter) adapter has an output of 9Vdc 200mA.
- IP Downloader
- The supplied AC adapter has an output of 9Vdc 500mA or 670mA. The output can be found on the label on the back of the adapter.
Verify that the Downloader’s power adapter is plugged in to a working outlet and also connected to the downloader.
If the Downloader is plugged in to a surge protector (power strip), make sure the surge protector is plugged in to a wall outlet, is switched on and its fuse has not blown or its breaker has not tripped.
If using the DC (car cigarette lighter) adapter, verify that the adapter's internal 2A 250V fuse is not blown. Also verify that your vehicle's power outlet is functional.
If the above actions fail to solve the problem, the Downloader and/or its power adapter may be damaged. Contact Technical Support to request an RMA. Do not return any products to TimeKeeping Systems without an RMA number.