Open topic with navigation
Sounds made by The PIPE and The Stubby PIPE
Last Updated: 2019-09-12
- Readers: The PIPE, The PIPE II, Stubby PIPE
When you scan a button, The PIPE and The Stubby PIPE make a sound to inform you of their status.
Each PIPE model can make various sounds when scanning a button to indicate status. Click any link below to play the sound.
- A single beep indicates a successful button scan and occurs once per button scan.
- A fast five note beep means the PIPE's memory is nearly full - it can read about 100 more buttons after you first hear this sound. You should download the PIPE as soon as possible. Downloading the PIPE will clear the memory and ready it for the next tour.
- The PIPE and The Stubby PIPE memory capacity is 4883 button records. The fast five note beep (almost full) will start when the number of records in memory reaches 4783.
- The PIPE II memory capacity is 4883 button records when used with Guard1 Plus version 4 and earlier. When used with Guard1 Plus version 5 the capacity is 37528 button scans. The fast five note beep (almost full) will start when the number of records in memory reaches 37428.
- A slow six note beep means the PIPE's memory is full and the unit can not read any more buttons until it has been downloaded. Download the PIPE, which will clear the memory and ready it for the next tour.
- A fast double-beep indicates that you have tried to read an incompatible iButton type, or the button is inoperative.
- The Stubby PIPE has an additional beep when the battery is low. If you hear this beep, please request an RMA to return the PIPE for battery replacement.
PIPE II version 5.01 Enhanced Storage Warning
The PIPE II with firmware version 5.01 and higher can make another type of beep. This Storage Warning occurs under the following conditions:
- The PIPE II has been used with Guard1 Plus 5.x software and has been placed in Enhanced Storage Mode,
- The PIPE II contains more than 4883 records, and
- You are attempting to download The PIPE II to software or a downloader that does not support Enhanced Storage Mode (e.g. Guard1 Plus version 4 or earlier or IP Downloader 2.5).
If you receive the Storage Warning beep, you should download the PIPE at a USB Downloader connected to Guard1 Plus 5 software. If you do not have Guard1 Plus 5 software, contact Technical Support for assistance.
PIPE II Power-Up Reset Notification
During manufacturing or repair, The PIPE II makes a musical beep when the battery is connected. This beep should never occur during normal use. If you hear this beep, stop using the PIPE and request an RMA to return the PIPE for evaluation and repair.
Copyright © TimeKeeping Systems, Inc.
Open topic with navigation