Last updated: 2010-07-26
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.06, 2.5x, 2.60, 2.7x, 2.8x, 3.x
- Guard1 Plus SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
If your patrols include a large number of locations, you can use Groups to organize them in ways that are meaningful to you. You can create a Group, give it a descriptive name, then add locations to that Group. You could use a Group to add a fire extinguisher tour where each fire extinguisher has a unique Location button.
If you have Read-only or Reports-only access to Guard1 Plus, you will not be able to add, edit, rename, or delete information for Clients, Facilities, Groups, Contacts, etc. You must have Full or Supervisor access to make changes to the data.
You must have the Rules & Advanced Reporting Module to fully utilize this capability.
- Click the Facilities tab . On that tab you will see folders for Clients, Facilities, Groups, and possibly Unassociated Locations (if there are any of these in your data).
- Expand the Clients or Facilities folder.
- Right-click the desired Client or Facility.
- Click New Group. The Add Group to.. wizard will start.
- Enter a name for this Group (such as Fire Extinguisher Tour,) then click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to close the Wizard.
- The new Group appears on the Facilities tab under the Client or Facility you selected in Step 3.
- On the Facilities tab, right-click the desired Group.
- Select Add Location. NOTE: this option will be grayed out if you do not have any Unassociated Locations, or if you do not have any Locations associated to other Groups in the same Client or Facility.
- Select the desired Location buttons by checking the box next to each. If all of the Unassociated Locations will be associated to this Group, click the Select All button. For a fire extinguisher tour, you would select all of the Location buttons for the fire extinguishers.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. The selected Locations will now appear under the Group you selected in Step 1.