Last Updated: 2010-07-26
- Rounds Tracker versions: 2.8x, 3.x
- Rounds Tracker SE versions: 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.40
Rounds Tracker is a shift-oriented application. Its Specific Date Range filter works differently than the Specific Dates filter in Guard1 Plus reports. Rounds Tracker filters are based on 24-hour periods, whereas the Guard1 Plus filter is based on the entire time period selected.
For example, if you select Specific Date Range (Rounds Tracker) or Specific Dates (Guard1 Plus) and enter:
- 1/1/2010 to 1/6/2010 for the date range
- 07:00 to 15:00 as the time range.
In Rounds Tracker, the report will show six separate blocks of data - one for each day in the date range. Each block will show the time period 07:00 to 15:00 for that day.
In Guard1 Plus, the report will show all data for the period 07:00 on 1/1/2010 to 15:00 on 1/6/2010.
To run reports in Rounds Tracker whose data crosses into the following day requires that you enter the same date in both date fields. For example, to run a report from June 25 at 23:00 to June 26 at 07:00, you would enter these dates and times:
- June 25 to June 25
- 23:00 to 07:00.
The setup screen will then show"Next day" beside the 07:00 entry.
Rounds Tracker will begin the report on June 25 at 23:00 and end it on June 26 at 07:00. If you had entered June 25 to June 26 using the same from/to times, you would get data for June 25 at 23:00 to June 26 at 07:00 AND for June 26 at 23:00 to June 27 at 07:00
Create a Rounds Tracker report which includes the next day by following these steps.
- Open Rounds Tracker.
- On the Setup screen choose Specific Date Range.
- Enter the date you want the report to start in the date from/to fields.
- Enter the from/to times. If the to time is after Midnight, "Next day" will be displayed.