Moving Location Buttons Using the Remove and Add Location Commands
- Guard1 Plus SE all versions
Over time as you use Guard1 Plus, you may need to move location buttons from one Client, Facility or Group to another Client, Facility or Group. There are two ways to move location buttons: Cut and Paste or Remove and Add Locations. If you use the Remove and Add Location commands, in your Tour and Rule reports, you will not see the data collected prior to this change.
If you want to preserve the ability to run reports on the data that has been collected, the historical data, you should use the Cut and Paste commands to move these locations as described in Moving Location Buttons Using the Cut and Paste Commands .
For example, let's say that in January 2012 you set up one Client, called Company ABC with three Facilities, called East, West and Exterior and you collect PIPE data. Now in April 2012, you decide to move the locations from East and West to a new Facility called Interior. The reports for this new Interior Facility will only show the data collected after April 2012.
To Remove and Add Location buttons follow these steps.
Contact your SQL administrator to create a SQL backup of your database.
Shut down the IP Attendant service(s) to prevent the IP Downloaders from downloading.
- Shut down the Attendant SE programs to prevent the Direct/USB Downloaders from downloading.
Launch a Guard1 Plus SEClient.
Open the Facilities tab.
Select the location button, Facility or Group, that you want to move, right-click and select Remove.
- At the prompt, click Yes to continue.
- Move the cursor to the Client, Facility or Group where the location button, Facility or Group should be moved and right click, then select Add Location.
- Choose the location buttons that you want to add and click Next and Finish.
- Restart the IP Attendant service(s) and the Attendant SE programs so the PIPEs can be downloaded.