Rounds Tracker Macro Security certificate expiry
Last Updated: 2010-05-28
- Rounds Tracker versions: 3.10, 3.20
- Rounds Tracker SE versions: 4.20, 4.30
The referenced versions of Rounds Tracker and Rounds Tracker SE contain a digital certificate for macro signing that will expire on July 29, 2010. After the certificate expires, Excel will prevent Rounds Tracker from opening if the Excel Macro Security level is set to prevent the execution of unsigned macros. See Excel Macro Security and Rounds Tracker for a full description of this issue.
Please select your version of the product below to see the available options.
With the release of Guard1 Plus 2.80, Rounds Tracker became a module of Guard1 Plus rather than a standalone product. Rounds Tracker 3.x is a Maintenance Product. No updates are available.
If you have Guard1 Plus version 2.71 or earlier with Rounds Tracker 3.x there are two options:
- Upgrade to Guard1 Plus 2.8x (requires a current Support Subscription - please contact Technical Support to determine your eligibility).
- Lower your Excel Macro Security level as described in Excel Macro Security and Rounds Tracker.
A new version of Rounds Tracker SE is available for Guard1 Plus SE 4.20 and 4.30 users. To apply the new version:
- Download the RoundsTrackerSE.XLS file for your version:
- After downloading, unzip the downloaded file to a convenient folder. The ZIP file contains the new XLS file and an instruction document.
- On the server, create a new folder called Rounds Tracker Update under the Guard1 Plus SE Server folder (normally, C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE Server).
- Copy the files you extracted in Step 2, RoundsTrackerSE.xls and Rounds Tracker SE Macro Security Update Instructions - July 2010.txt, to the newly created folder C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE Server\Rounds Tracker Update. Retain the files in this folder for future use.
- On each Rounds Tracker SE workstation:
- Close Rounds Tracker SE.
- Browse to the Guard1 Plus SE Server share on the server.
- Copy the new RoundsTrackerSE.xls file from the share to the C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus SE folder on the workstation . Choose Yes when asked if you want to overwrite the existing file.
If you reinstall Rounds Tracker SE or install it on additional workstations, you must replace the installed RoundsTrackerSE.xls file with the new version.
Rounds Tracker SE version 4.40 and later contains a digital signature that will not expire.