Open topic with navigation
Clean Uninstall of Rounds Tracker 3.x
Last Updated: 2009-12-04
- Rounds Tracker versions: 3.x
NOTE: This article applies to standalone Rounds Tracker installations only. If you have Rounds Tracker installed on the same PC as Guard1 Plus, please refer to Clean Uninstall of Guard1 Plus.
If you are having problems with Rounds Tracker it may be necessary to perform a clean uninstall and reinstall of the program.
A clean uninstall removes all files that are created and used by Rounds Tracker. This procedure requires manual deletion of files, folders and Registry keys.
Do not perform this procedure unless instructed to do so by Technical Support or a Knowledge Base article!. If you are simply uninstalling Rounds Tracker (for example, if you are upgrading to a new PC and want to remove the software from the old PC), follow the procedure for a normal uninstall.
This article contains information about modifying the Windows Registry. Before you modify the Registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the Registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the Registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
KB256986 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/) Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
You must be an Administrator to edit the Windows Registry. If you do not have Administrator privileges, or are not familiar with the terms and methods described in the procedure below, please contact your IT Department for assistance.
Important: You MUST be logged into Windows as a Local Administrator for each step in the procedure below.
Disable all anti-virus, anti-spyware, and software firewall products before proceeding.
Back up your data:
- Close Rounds Tracker and all other programs
- If you have Guard1 Plus Export or Backup databases stored in the Rounds Tracker installation folder C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus or C:\TimeKeeping Systems\Guard1 Plus, you should copy the Export and/or Backup files to a safe location such as My Documents.
Uninstall Rounds Tracker:
- Go to Start > Control Panel (or Start > Settings > Control Panel)and select Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features if Windows Vista).
- On the Installed Programs list, select Rounds Tracker.
- Click Remove(or Uninstall) and follow the prompts to uninstall Rounds Tracker.
- Reboot the PC.
Remove remnant files/folders :
- Click Start > Run (Windows 98, 2000 or XP). For Vista, click Start, then click in the Search box.
- Type Net STOP "Crypkey License" and click OK. You should see a brief Command Prompt Window displaying a message that the service is stopping, then that it was successfully stopped. This will then disappear.
- Open My Computer.
- Click Tools > Folder Options (Windows 98, 2000, or XP) or Organize > Folder and Search Options (Windows Vista).
- Click the View tab.
- In the Advanced Settings section:
- Check the option Show hidden files and folders.
- Uncheck the option Hide extensions for known file types.
- Uncheck the option Hide protected operating system files (Recommended), then click Yes to confirm.
- Click Apply, then OK.
- Delete the program installation folder:
- For Windows 98, 2000, or XP: Navigate to C:\Program Files, then delete the folder C:\Program Files\Guard1 Plus.
- For Windows Vista: Navigate to C:\, then delete the folder C:\TimeKeeping Systems.
- Navigate to C:\WINNT\System32 (OR C:\Windows\System32) and delete each of these files (if present):
- crypserv.exe (NOTE: Windows Vista may not allow deletion of this file; if so, ignore and continue with procedure)
- Navigate to C:\WINNT (OR C:\Windows) and delete these files (if present):
- ckrfrs.exe (OR ckrfresh.exe)
- Close My Computer
- Click Start > Run (Windows 98, 2000, or XP). For Vista, click Start, then click in the Search box.
- Type REGEDIT and click OK. This will open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node (64-bit).
- Delete the key TimeKeeping Systems Inc.
- Close Registry Editor and reboot the PC.
Reinstall Rounds Tracker
- Insert the Rounds Tracker program CD. It should AutoPlay. If it does not, browse to your CD-ROM drive in My Computer/Windows Explorer and double-click SETUP.EXE.
- Follow the wizard to install Rounds Tracker. Do not change the default program folder location.
- After the installation is complete, you MUST restart the PC.
- Open Rounds Tracker. At the License Manager screen, find the Site Code and do one of the following to request a new activation number:
- Copy and paste the Site Code into an email message. Include your Rounds Tracker Product Code and your name, company name and address. Send the message to email@example.com.
- Fax the Site Code along with your Rounds Tracker Product Code, your name, company name and address to 216-595-0991.
When you receive your new activation number:
- Open Rounds Tracker.
- At the License Manager screen, enter the new activation number. Note: Only letters A through F and numbers 0 through 9 are used.
- Click OK.
- Select a database to view and click OK.
Copyright © 2013-2016 TimeKeeping Systems, Inc.
Open topic with navigation