Hotfix: DLPIPE32.OCX version 2.81.0029 - allows Attendant to communicate with COM ports 1-16
Last Updated: 2012-04-25
- Guard1 Plus versions: 2.80, 2.81
Reason for Hotfix
The original version of DLPIPE32.OCX provided with the products above does not allow Attendant to connect to COM ports 9-16, even though these ports are available in the COM Port drop-down field of the Downloader Properties tab in Guard1 Plus . This presents a problem for Prolific USB-to-Serial adapter cable users, especially those who are using laptop PCs with cellular data cards, docking stations and other peripherals that tend to consume the lower COM port range.
If a COM port in the range 1-8 is not available for use when the Prolific USB-to-Serial adapter driver is installed, Windows will automatically assign the first available COM port in the range 9-16 to the driver. The limitation in the original DLPIPE32.OCX prevents Attendant from communicating with COM ports in this range.
DLPIPE32.OCX version 2.81.0029 corrects this problem and allows Attendant to communicate with COM ports 1-16.
An earlier Hotfix for DLPIPE32.OCX was released for Guard1 Plus versions 2.80 and 2.81 to correct an issue with Attendant performance on Windows 7 PCs (DLPIPE32.OCX version 2.80.0000).
The earlier Hotfix is superseded by this latest Hotfix (DLPIPE32.OCX version 2.81.0029), which resolves the earlier issue as well as the COM port range issue.
Installing the Hotfix
- Log in to the Guard1 Plus PC as a Local Administrator.
- Download the Hotfix setup file (OCXHotfix20120413.exe) to a folder on the Guard1 Plus PC.
- Close Guard1 Plus and Attendant.
- Open Computer and browse to the folder where you downloaded the Hotfix setup file in step 1.
- Double-click the file OCXHotfix20120413.exe. Click Yes at the UAC prompt if it appears.
- Follow the prompts to install the new OCX file. Click Finish when the process is complete.
- Launch Attendant and monitor its behavior.
If you continue to have problems with Attendant performance, contact Technical Support.