Using Rounds Tracker
About Rounds Tracker Operation
Rounds Tracker is a computation-intensive application. When preparing or refreshing the display, it will require most of your computer's processing power. Therefore, it is important to limit the amount of data that Rounds Tracker must process. To reduce the time Rounds Tracker requires to prepare or refresh the display, we recommend one or all of the following:
- Limit the choice of client, facility, group to the data you really need. For example, don't select a whole facility if there is a group with fewer locations that contains the locations you need. The more locations in your selection, the longer Rounds Tracker requires to process your data.
Limit the date and time range. Select a time period of twenty-four hours or less.
- Select only the views you need. The more views you select, the longer Rounds Tracker requires to process your data.
Refresh only when necessary. If you use the auto-refresh function, select a time value of fifteen minutes or higher.
To Display Data
- From the toolbar, click Setup.
- Select a database file.
- Select the specific, client, facility, group or location to include.
- Select the views you require.
- Select a Date and Time option and enter any required details.
- Select any desired options from Defaults and Options tabs.
- Click OK.
- An hourglass appears on the screen as Rounds Tracker prepares the display.
Printing a worksheet is done using the Excel print functions. Before printing, you must define the Print Area for each worksheet. The Print Area defines what part of the worksheet will be printed.
To Define the Print Area:
- On the View menu, click Page Break Preview.
- Select the area you want to print by clicking and dragging over the specific cells.
- On the File menu, click Print Area, then click Set Print Area.
- When you save the document, your print area selection will also be saved.
To Clear the Print Area:
On the File menu, click Print Area, then click Clear Print Area.
To Print the Worksheet
On the File menu, click Print.
Outlook is required to email a worksheet directly from Rounds Tracker. Rounds Tracker's E-mail function creates an Excel Workbook (.xls) file of the active worksheet and attaches the file to an Outlook email message.
To E-Mail with Outlook
- Rounds Tracker will send only the active worksheet via e-mail. Select the worksheet you wish to e-mail.
- From the Toolbar, click Email. The Save As dialog window appears.
- Type a file name and select the Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (*.xls or .xlsx) file type. Select the file's folder location.
- Click Save. An e-mail message is created with the .Excel file attached.
- Complete the email by adding the recipients and any additional message.
- Click Send.
To E-Mail with Another E-Mail Client
If you do not have Outlook, you must first save the workbook, then send it as an e-mail attachment.
From the Excel Menu, click File.
Click Save As. The Save As window appears.
Type a file name and select the Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (*.xls or .xlsx) file type. Select the file's folder location. Click Save to create the file.
Follow the instructions for your e-mail program to create a new message and attach the file you saved.